Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Inspiring Quotes

I found these quotes in 2 prayer books I have and found them to be very inspiring and they spoke to me a bit. And I thought I would share them with you, I hope they touch you as they did me.

This one is from a book of the Stations of the Cross book from 1956
Christ in torment hangs,
She beneath beholds the pangs,
Of her dying, glorious Son.


 These 2 are from a Hail Holy Queen book from 1928


A Mother is she who can take the place of all others,
but whose place no one else can take.
-Cardinal Mermillod



However poor your home may be, it is in reality your palace,
if peace and holiness abide there.






I have to say I love these prayer books, I got them from  the Freecycle website along with some other old Catholic books and they fit me like a glove. I can sit and read them over and over. I love the Hail Holy Queen, it has advice and council for Catholic girls and women, and it is wonderful. I have looked for it on line but do not think that this version is in print anymore. It's too bad it really is a good book.

Preach the Gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - St. Francis of Assisi