Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Alter server meeting

Last night we went to alter server training for my son. It was pretty neat, we just moved into our new church on Christmas eve and they are now doing things a little more traditionally. They learned how to do the incense, I love the smell of the incense. It was pretty awesome, I just sat and prayed the Rosary and to smell the incense!!!
Today for school I tried something a little different, I let the kids decide what they wanted to do. They each picked what subject they wanted to do for the day and then they made their lesson plan. I made them write it out on a piece of paper and then turn it in at the end of the day. I was thinking then they suggusted this, wow maybe I will be able to catch up on some of my own things I need to do. But I still spent the day watching "plays" and scince experiments, and listening to stories. But it was a nice change and they did learn and have fun. Which is my main goal for everyday, not just "school" days. I also found out that my kids really like science, art (and creative arts), bible and reading. I will post separately what we did for school.