Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I got a new book :)... and poison ivy :(

I will start with a warning, PLEASE always wear long pants, nylons, a long skirt, knee high socks, something that covers your legs fully whenever you go geocaching with your family! Poison ivy is no fun!!!
Now for the fun stuff, I bought a new book, it was very cheap being it was a "hurt" book from IGNATIUS Press, it is titled Designing your own Classical Curriculum by Laura M. Berquist. It looks very interesting. All of the children have subjects that they will be finishing mid-year, and I have been leaning towards a "classical" education, I figured as they finished subjects we would flow in to a curriculum I will make using this book as a guide. The way I figure it I will have this home school thing down by the time the have graduated. ;)

Preach the Gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - St. Francis of Assisi