Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summer schedule

Well summer is here, I had hoped to be on our summer schedule by now, but we were a little behind and will be finished by the end of this week. Some sooner then others. We do school all year long but use the summer to review, touch on new things a little and do READ!! The kids are reading up a storm and each have read quite a few books for the summer reading program. We also turned in the Borders reading program sheets and picked out their free books.

It seems like time is flying by much too fast, 2 weeks until v.b.s. I am a little unprepared feeling, It is the first v.b.s. that I have made up on my own, but I think it will go well it is called Saints Alive!! and all about saints. We picked 5 saints to do 1 for days, 1-3, day 4 we do 2 blessed Marian founders, and Friday we do Mary and the party. Wish us luck.

I have much to think about as far as planning next years school, having tried a lot of different methods the last few years, I am thinking of doing a mix of traditional and unschooling starting in the fall. But I am still unsure. I hate changing so often but I am still trying to find the right fit.
Summer schedule goes like this:
bible & ccc reading, a little group work (maybe 30 minutes or so) and then reading.

Preach the Gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - St. Francis of Assisi