Saturday, March 19, 2011

simplify, simplify, simlify

We are taking this Lenten season to simplify our lives. Last year we did a variation of 40 days 40 bags. This year we are just going to pick 1 area/thing to go through each day. The other day I went through my clothes and was shocked to see that after getting 2 boxes, of just tops, together for donation/garage sale that I still had more tops then anyone person needs. I am especially mindful of how much we have as we pray for those in Japan who have lost everything. In today's society of more more more, oh wait I need that too, I really want to teach my children that we need to keep our eyes on the prize, Jesus! but then I go through my clothes and remember that I struggle very much with the more, more, more myself. And that I need to keep my eyes on the prize, Jesus, and teach by example more then words.

Preach the Gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - St. Francis of Assisi