Monday, May 3, 2010

so much going on....

wow, long time since I've posted, so much has been going on. The girls have started making a quilt for their beds, and I have been very impressed so far. Ellen has done a lot better then I would have thought. Her quilt will turn out well. I started a new scheduling system for school work, I make a calendar on the computer and list out special things that we will do on the days, like days they will be kitchen helper, the bible theme, if they are to start a new book, and then do a week schedule with the subjects, at the end of the week we staple them together, then at the end of the month we staple it to the calendar and put it to file. Maria has started a new work book. it is a compelte curriculum book and it is pretty nice, we just add on as need. I have been scheduling crazy, but after 3 months of just tring to be loosy goosy with everything, we need it. In January I tried "unschooling" and it was fun at first and it might be for some families, but not us, by March the house was a mess the kids were running around fighting and I had no idea what was going on, I couldn't keep track of anything, so I spent the last 2 weeks orginizing, and scheduling EVERYTHING!! And already you can tell the differnce, we are much better ready to face each day, when we know what the plan is. I really like the meal calendar I made, it makes my day go a lot smoother when I don't have to think about what I will cook. Well that is probably enough for know, I will be posting more often.
Preach the Gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - St. Francis of Assisi